Next Monday, November 28th, filing begins for the March 7th St. Louis City Municipal Primary for the offices of Mayor, Comptroller, and Aldermen for odd numbered wards. Filing closes January 6th.
If you are interested in running for 7th Ward Alderman in the Democratic Primary, 7th Ward Democratic Committeewoman Marie Ceselski (630-7599) would like to have coffee or a beer with you to talk about your running and answer any questions you have about filing or running, including campaign finance reporting requirements.
Here is some basic information about filing for alderman that applies to all wards.
Where and When to File: Filing is done at the St. Louis City Board of Election Commissioners, 300 N. Tucker between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday, November 28th to January 6th.
Qualifications for running for Alderman:
- Must be a resident of the ward you are running in for at least one year.
- Must be a resident of the City of St. Louis for at least three years.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen for at least five years.
- Must be a Registered Voter in the City of St. Louis.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Must not owe any taxes.
- Must file a Personal Financial Disclosure Statement.
- Must file Campaign Finance Reports with Missouri Ethics Commission.
- Filing Fee. 1% of an Alderman’s salary. Current salary of an alderman is approximately $37,000. Alderman also receives a taxable $4,200 expense fund.
7th Ward Neighborhoods: All or part, sometimes a few blocks, of the following Neighborhoods- Benton Park, Compton Heights, Downtown & Downtown West, Fox Park, Kosciusko, Lafayette Square, LaSalle Park, McKinley Heights, Near North Riverfront, Peabody Darst Webbe, Soulard, Tower Grove East.
– Marie Ceselski, 7th Ward Democratic Committeewoman