Tuesday, July 17th, filing begins for the November 6th St. Louis City School Board Election. Filing closes August 21st.
Two School Board members will be elected on November 6th for seats presently held by Donna Jones and Bill Haas.
School Board members are elected at-large by non-partisan ballot.
If you are interested in running for School Board, 7th Ward Democratic Committeewoman Marie Ceselski (630-7599 firstname.lastname@example.org) would like to meet with you to talk about your running and answer any questions you have about filing or running, including campaign finance reporting requirements.
Here is some basic information about filing for School Board.
Where and When to File: Filing is done at the St. Louis City Board of Election Commissioners, 300 N. Tucker between 8 am and 5 pm Weekdays.
Qualifications for running for School Board:
- Must be a resident of the City of St. Louis for at least three years.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen for at least three years.
- Must be a Registered Voter in the City of St. Louis.
- Must be at least 24 years of age.
- Must not owe any taxes.
- Must not have an interest in any contract with or claim against the School Board, either directly or indirectly.
- Must not be registered or required to be registered as a sex offender.
- Must not have been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States.
- Must not have been found guilty to or pled guilty to a felony under the laws of Missouri.
- Must not have been found guilty to or pled guilty to an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in Missouri.
- Must file a Personal Financial Disclosure Statement.
Must file Campaign Finance Reports with Missouri Ethics Commission.
- Filing Fee: $100
Missouri School Board Association’s A Candidate’s Guide to Running for the School Board
7th Ward Independent Democrats will sponsor a School Board Candidate Survey and Candidate Forum.