7th Ward Committeeman Marty Murray, Jr. will now nominate someone to fill the vacancy and St. Louis Democratic City Central Committee will vote to accept the nomination. City Democrats By-Laws require the vacancy to be filled by the person of choice of the remaining committeeperson.
Party Central Committees in St. Louis City will be elected at the August 4, 2020 Missouri Primary. Filing begins 8:00 am February 25, 2020 and ends at 5 pm March 31, 2020. Filing for Party committeepersons is at the City Board of Election.
Requirements to file for Democratic Party ward committeeperson in St. Louis City
- Resident of St. Louis City and ward at least 1 year next preceding the election
- Registered voter in St. Louis City and ward at least 1 year next preceding the election
- $100 Filing Fee
- Proof of Identity – Voter Identification card, Missouri driver’s license, birth certificate, or other form of certified identification
- Candidate Affidavit on Tax Payment
- You must file a candidate committee or exemption with Board of Election/Missouri Ethics Commission
7th Ward Independent Democrats has dissolved and is no longer registered with Missouri Ethics Commission. The organization’s website content will remain on this site but the site will now convert to 7th Ward St. Louis blog written by former Committeewoman Marie Ceselski and invited writers.